Thursday, September 17, 2009

Very Compatible DHTML Menu ASP.NET User Control

Introduction
A DHTML menu is something many web developers use these days as those provide a friendly and hierarchical interface for users. In a project I�m working on, I need one of those, and I searched the web to find an ASP.NET control. There are some good examples of menu controls but none of them gives what really I want (cross-browser, VB.NET, code available, free, and with possibilities for nice styles). Then I found Sylvain Machefert�s work (in French). He is a web developer with good CSS, JavaScript and cross browser issues knowledge, who made a very compatible DHTML menu and released it to public. The menu even works on text based browsers, reading technologies for visually impaired considered, and the menu is not visible when printing your page. Also, it can be customized in many ways and it supports icon images.

Read this article

No comments:

Post a Comment